Manage episode 285968145 series 1402029
Today we’re bringing you the first episode of Better Done Than Perfect’s Season 2. Join us for a talk with Alex Hillman, founder of Stacking The Bricks and author of The Tiny MBA. We discuss the company’s conception and philosophy, how they handle customer service, what makes a great course, and so much more.
Please head over to the episode page for the detailed recap and key takeaways.
- Stacking The Bricks — Alex’s company together with Amy Hoy
- Noko, EveryTimeZone — products by Amy Hoy, Alex’s partner
- 30x500 — Alex and Amy’s flagship product
- Indy Hall — Alex’s famous coworking space, now a remote work community
- Just F#*!ing Ship — a book by Amy and Alex
- Write Useful Books — a book & tool by Rob Fitzpatrick
- UI Breakfast Episode 206: Writing Useful Books with Rob Fitzpatrick
- Bear — a note-taking app
- The Essential Podcasting Guide — a book by Craig Hewitt of Castos
- Nathan Barry’s ConvertKit Academy
- Mastering ConvertKit — a course by Brennan Dunn available at Double Your Freelancing Rate
- Fundamental UI Design — a book Jane wrote for InVision (currently a free course)
- BadAss: Making Users Awesome — a book by Kathy Sierra
- Follow Alex on Twitter
- The Tiny MBA — Alex’s book (use promocode BDTP20 at checkout for 20% off)
Thanks for listening! If you found the episode useful, please spread the word about this new show on Twitter mentioning @userlist, or leave us a review on iTunes.
This show is brought to you by Userlist — the best way for SaaS founders to send onboarding emails, segment your users based on events, and see where your customers get stuck in the product. Start your free trial today at userlist.com.
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes.