Manage episode 297866871 series 2616004
On this bonus episode of Turning to the Mystics, Jim and Kirsten are joined by long-time friend Mirabai Starr to reflect on listener questions about how John of the Cross’ dark night of the soul differs from depression—and how both experiences evolve our understanding of suffering.
If you found this episode helpful, consider attending the final Conspire this September. In this interactive online event, catch both Mirabai and Jim as they expand on the spiritual experiences of grief and healing. To learn more, visit: cac.org/conspire-2021.
- Turning to the Mystics is a podcast by the Center for Action and Contemplation. To learn more about Jim, visit jamesfinley.org
- The transcript for this episode can be found here.
- The book being used for this season can be found here.
- Mirabai Starr's Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Connect with us:
- We also produce other podcasts you might enjoy. To learn more about them and our other offerings, visit cac.org
- This podcast is made possible, thanks to the generosity of our donors. If you would love to support the ongoing work of the Center for Action and Contemplation and the continued work of our podcasts, you can donate at cac.org/podcastsupport Thank you!