Manage episode 289642745 series 2887483
Tribe Sober - inspiring an alcohol-free life!
My guest this week is South African Communications expert - Nicole Klassen
You can see her TEDx talk HERE
Nicole signed up for our first Sober Spring Challenge back in 2018 and it changed her life.
In this Episode
- Nicole realised she was on a slippery slope when she started to drink alone - rather than socially
- She felt very emotional during early sobriety - and spent lots of time crying!
- We agreed that if you've been numbing yourself for years with booze then the emotions will spill out when we stop
- Sobriety helped her to find her voice again - and she wrote a beautiful blog about "66 days of feelings"
- Many of our Sober Springers have been inspired by Nicole's blog which you can access HERE
- Nicole explained how her meditation practice enabled her to better observe her own behaviour
- Benefits of sobriety included losing puffiness and 10kgs - she has developed a better relationship with her body
- A significant insight for her was the fact that ALL of our feelings are necessary (good or bad)
- She realised that our behaviour is triggered by a feeling which is triggered by a story we have in our past
- Since she stopped drinking Nicole has become more productive in her work and has become more consistent
- We talked about the "feminisation of alcohol" - as she comes from a marketing background she knows exactly how they work IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR 66 DAY CHALLENGE PLEASE CLICK HERE
- More info Subscription membership for Tribe Sober is just R75 (£4/$5) a month - you can join up HERE
- To access our website click HERE
- If you would like a free copy of our e-book "66 days to sobriety" please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to come to our Saturday afternoon Zoom Cafe as a guest and meet our community just email email@example.com Episode Sponsor
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today. Read more about our 6-step program and subscribe HERE
Help us to spread the word!
We made this podcast so that we can reach more people who need our help. Please subscribe and share.
We release a podcast episode every Saturday morning.
You can follow Tribe Sober on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and join our Tribe Sober Club on Clubhouse - are on Clubhouse every Sunday afternoon at 5pm SA time so come join the conversation.
You can catch our FB live on Saturday mornings (11am SAST) and you can join our private Facebook group HERE
Thank you for listening!
Till Next Week