Manage episode 290710570 series 2887483
Tribe Sober - inspiring an alcohol-free life!
My guest this week is US integrative doctor - Dr Grace
A self confessed "science geek" Dr Grace has a deep knowledge of how the body can function at its very best
She's the perfect person to help us understand how we can repair our bodies and minds after years of alcohol abuse.
In this Episode
- Dr Grace believes in optimal gut function and repair as the foundation of good health
- She explains how alcohol damages the gut and produces acidity - making us more prone to diseases like cancer
- Alcohol harms our brains as well as our bodies - and actually decreases our brain plasticity
- It causes our estrogen levels to increase and that's why it's linked to breast cancer
- The best thing we can do for our health is to stop drinking - that should be the foundation of our good health
- We discussed how we can rebuild our health in early recovery - one of the most important things is an alkalising diet
- We need supergreen smoothies and fermented foods like kaffir, yoghourt, kimchi and sauerkraut
- Fermented foods will help our bodies to absorb vitamins and will also help with sugar cravings we get when we quit drinking
- Stevia is a very sweet plant - a few drops of Stevia in our tea will satisfy cravings
- Alcoholics are always dehydrated - every glass of wine robs your body of 4 glasses of water - so drink lots of water
- If you are feeling low in early sobriety due to loss of dopamine then take a 5HTP supplement which should lift your mood.
- More info Subscription membership for Tribe Sober is just R75 (£4/$5) a month - you can join up HERE
- To access our website click HERE
- If you would like a free copy of our e-book "66 days to sobriety" please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to come to our Saturday afternoon Zoom Cafe as a guest and meet our community just email email@example.com Episode Sponsor
This episode is sponsored by the Tribe Sober Membership Program. If you want to change your relationship with alcohol then sign up today. Read more about our 7-step program and subscribe HERE
Book a Discovery Call with me to find out if our membership would help you - calendar on homepage of tribesober.com
Help us to spread the word!
We made this podcast so that we can reach more people who need our help. Please subscribe and share.
We release a podcast episode every Saturday morning.
You can follow Tribe Sober on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and join our Tribe Sober Club on Clubhouse - are on Clubhouse every Sunday afternoon at 5pm SA time so come join the conversation.
You can catch our FB live on Saturday mornings (11am SAST) and you can join our private Facebook group HERE
Thank you for listening!
Till Next Week