Manage episode 335834713 series 2291284
A big new HF and EP trial, doctors and probability, LV assist devices in cardiogenic shock, vitamin D, and exercise in PAD are the topics John Mandrola, MD, discusses in this week’s podcast.
This podcast is intended for healthcare professionals only.
To read a partial transcript or to comment, visit:
I. Left vs Left RCT
Taking Cardiac Pacing From Boring to Super-Cool https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/973615
Conduction-System Pacing Shines vs BiV Pacing for CRT in Early Studies https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/974173
• Baylor led research awarded $31 Million for Resynchronization Therapy in Patients with Heart Failure https://www.bcm.edu/news/baylor-led-research-awarded-31-million-for-resynchronization-therapy-in-patients-with-heart-failure
II. Probability and Conjunction Fallacy
Is What You Call Probable...Impossible?
• Analysis of Physicians’ Probability Estimates of a Medical Outcome Based on a Sequence of Events
III. LV Assist Devices
Impella Pump for MI With Cardiogenic Shock Again Fares Poorly vs IABP in Study
• Clinical Outcomes and Cost Associated With an Intravascular Microaxial Left Ventricular Assist Device vs Intra-aortic Balloon Pump in Patients Presenting With Acute Myocardial Infarction Complicated by Cardiogenic Shock
• Intravascular Microaxial Left Ventricular Assist Device for Acute Myocardial Infarction With Cardiogenic Shock—A Call for Evidence of Benefit https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2794394
• Intra-aortic Balloon Pump Therapy for Acute Myocardial InfarctionA Meta-analysis https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2210888
IV. Vitamin D
Vitamin D Supplements Do Not Lower Risk of Fractures
Why Is Vitamin D Hype So Impervious to Evidence? https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/968682
• Supplemental Vitamin D and Incident Fractures in Midlife and Older Adults
V. Peripheral Artery Disease
For Patients With Peripheral Artery Disease, Pain Can Be Gain
• Effects of Walking Exercise at a Pace With Versus Without Ischemic Leg Symptoms on Functional Performance Measures in People With Lower Extremity Peripheral Artery Disease: The LITE Randomized Clinical Trial
You may also like:
Medscape editor-in-chief Eric Topol, MD, and master storyteller and clinician Abraham Verghese, MD, on Medicine and the Machine
The Bob Harrington Show with Stanford University Chair of Medicine, Robert A. Harrington, MD.
Questions or feedback, please contact mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org