Manage episode 292211145 series 2915032
How to Process Negative Emotions Without Comfort Eating
How do you process your emotions without comfort eating? We all in one way or the other have used food to deal with negative emotions in our lives. But have you ever thought that sitting with your emotions and allowing yourself to process them without eating can help eliminate them in the long run?
In this episode, Keri shares the story of losing her parents, how grief led to comfort eating, and how she dealt with it. Listen in to learn the benefits of accepting negative emotions as part of your nature to positively deal with them.
What You Will Learn:
· Keri narrates the grief story of losing her parents and how she comforted herself with food.
· Learning how to check on your emotions and processing them to avoid comfort eating.
· Understanding that a feeling is just a vibration created from your thoughts.
· How to be okay with your negative emotions and tune in to your body at that moment.
· Learn how to occasionally be with your negative emotions and to process them to eventually get rid of them.
· How allowing yourself to feel and process your emotions will help you thrive in the long run.
· “Different thoughts about the same potential experience will create different feelings.” [16:39]
· “When we feel fear and we resist negative emotions, we create suffering, but when we have compassion for ourselves and we allow the negative emotions, we ultimately thrive.” [22:33]
Join the community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/weightlosscoachingcollective
Follow us on Insta: https://www.instagram.com/wearethewlcc
Got a question you’d love us to answer here on the podcast? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org