Taking Safety Culture to the Next Level with Shawn M. Galloway of ProAct Safety and Safety Culture Excellence
Manage episode 291966797 series 2908759
In this episode, Apolonia Rockwell talks with Shawn M. Galloway, the President and Chief Operating Officer of ProAct Safety. Shawn is also an author, keynote speaker, consultant, and advisor.
Topics that Shawn and Apolonia discuss in this episode:
* How Shawn and his business partner started thinking about safety culture in 1986 after the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster and the Chernobyl nuclear accident.
* The need for safety professionals to continuously mature our thinking around what is and isn't excellence in safety. In other words, why we should always challenge our thinking around safety.
* What is our strategy around safety culture? What does success look like? What direction are we headed?
* How, sometimes, the best safety consulting isn’t about just safety consulting—it’s about talking about other factors related to a company’s business. Instead, you should look at processes, systems, and a company’s overall strategy for growth.
* An indicator of leadership capability for the CEO of a company to ask themself and their team: If we're not great at something as important as safety, what else aren't we good at?
Thanks so much to Shawn M. Galloway for being a guest!
Learn more about Shawn and ProAct Safety: http://www.shawngalloway.com.
Listen to Shawn’s podcast, The Safety Culture Excellence Show: http://www.safetycultureexcellence.com.
Follow Shawn on Twitter: https://twitter.com/safetyculture.
Buy Shawn’s books:
* STEPS to Safety Culture Excellence.
* Hazardous Materials Management Desk Reference.
* Forecasting Tomorrow: The Future of Safety Excellence.
* Inside Strategy: Value-Creating from within Your Organization.
* Lean Behavior-Based Safety - BBS for Today's Realities.
Apolonia Rockwell is the Founder and CEO of True Safety Services and True Safety University.
Learn more about “The True Safety Podcast with Apolonia Rockwell”: https://www.truesafetyservices.com/podcast.
Follow True Safety Services on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/true-safety-services.
Like True Safety Services on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/truesafetyservices.
Follow True Safety Services on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/truesafetyservices.
Follow True Safety Services on Twitter: https://twitter.com/true_safety.
This episode was produced by Story On Media & Marketing: https://www.successwithstories.com.