Manage episode 290058014 series 48468
Lauren Abernathy is a climbing coach out of Salt Lake City who recently left her corporate job to be a full-time coach. You can find her at www.goodsprayclimbing.com. In this interview we talk about how her transition to being a full-time coach has been for her (spoiler: it’s going really well and she loves it). Lauren is a passionate skier as well as a climber, so we also talk about how she’s learned to effectively do both at the same time.
She’s had some great success with her clients, many of whom don’t have much time for training, so she lets us in on some tips for how to train when you’re super busy with other stuff. This one is full of little nuggets of wisdom that you can apply to your life right now, and Lauren’s excitement and passion for climbing is infectious. I really enjoyed talking with her.If you want to learn more from Lauren…
- Going from corporate world to full-time climbing coach
- How to ski and train for climbing at the same time
- Minimalist finger strength training success stories
- Tips for busy climbers on how to fit training into schedule
- The biggest lessons she’s learned through coaching people
Please give the podcast an honest review on iTunes here to help the show reach more curious climbers around the world.