Manage episode 292374395 series 1269817
Episode 249 includes 6 Psychological Challenges you might encounter in college. There are probably many other subjects I could speak to, but these 6 came to mind. These psychological challenges can effect both the college student-athlete and the family of the college player. They can actually have some effect on your decision on a college and the sports program you choose. As I say in the podcast, the goal of this episode is to "create a little space in your mind" so you will not be surprised and so you can help make decisions while you are still going through the recruiting process.
The Psychological Challenges covered are(in no particular order):
- Living away from home, both close to home and far away.
- Living in a dorm and with a roommate you may or may not like.
- You will not be the smartest in your class or the best player on the team.
- You may not play in games much your 1st, 2nd or even your 3rd or 4th year.
- Be ready for injury, coaches leaving and /or new recruits or transfers.
- The coach wants you to change.
Again, these challenges may effect both the student-athlete and parents. Being aware, being prepared can save some bad situations. Listen to become aware of some of the traps that hurt and shorten college careers.