Manage episode 296239004 series 2626442
"Don't be afraid to take up space." - Angela Chee
How can we shift our mindsets to overcome the fear of being in the spotlight?
Happy Summer! If you recall, the last episode of The Power of The Only — The Ripple Effect - Honoring Your Past, Impacting Your Future — was recorded live during the exciting first-ever Asian American Podcasters Association Asian Podcast Festival. After the episode wrapped, I stayed online to talk with Lee Uehara about what goes on behind the scenes when making a podcast.
We touched on a variety of valuable topics ranging from the importance of saying no to the advantages and disadvantages of scripting your podcast episodes versus adlibbing. We also discuss best podcast mics and set-ups and more.
“Saying yes is a wonderful thing, but not if you don't want to.” - Angela Chee
In today's show, we talk about how to do research as a host/moderator, the importance of journalism and integrity, and how to shift your mindset to overcome your fear of being in the spotlight.
"That's what this podcasting is all about: it's communicating and listening to peoples' stories and going, oh, we're more alike than we think." - Angela CheeShow Notes:
- How to say no
- What does a good podcasting setup look like
- What is Angela's recording setup
- Which mics are good for podcasting
- How to record online interviews
- Why start a podcast
- How to choose topics for your podcast
- How to write show introductions that engage an audience
- How to own your power
- How to be a more confident speaker
- Should you script your podcast
"We have so much media now that not everything is truth." - Angela CheeBrand and Resource Mentions:
- Listen to The Power of The Only Episode 29: The Power Of Media Literacy – An Inside Look At How The Media Works and How To Be A Critical Thinker and Creator
- Listen to The Power of The Only Episode 45: The Ripple Effect - Honoring Your Past, Impacting Your Future
- Learn more about the Asian American Podcasters Association Asian Podcast Festival
Thanks for being a part of this bold and powerful conversation on The Power of The Only!
Whether you feel like the only one in your company, industry or community or the only woman in the room, we're here to support you in stepping up, speaking up through power, presence and representation and to make an impact in your personal and professional life.
Want even more insider tips, resources and training to help you own your voice and power and step into your leadership. Join me in my free, invite only YOU, Amplified!™ community!
Learn more about this episode of The Power of The Only with Angela Chee at www.angelachee.com/46