Manage episode 346241403 series 2811996
In this episode, we test our knowledge on the quotes of Harry Potter. Enjoy!
· This episode idea comes from a listener! Thank you for submitting an idea. If you want to submit an episode idea, check out the bottom of the show notes for contact details.
· 2:33 Warm up round. There are three questions in the warmup round to get ready for the main round.
· 5:31 Main round
· 6:01 Question one: “You do it then if you’re so clever.” This quote does occur around the same time as one of the warmup questions if that helps at all. This quote is also a good insight into several characters; this insight also helps us see further into the relationship of the two characters involved.
· 10:48 Question two: “There will be no need to talk.” Similar to the last quote, it is a good insight into character. This character puts a lot of thought into image and rules, making sure that everything is done perfectly.
· 15:19 Question three: “Come on Tom, let’s finish it the way we started. Together.” This quote seems obvious, but there are several characters that might have said this. It does only apply to a couple situations, but many characters. This quote has the qualities of a good meme, but it also has a sense of finality and it a perfect addition to the story.
· 19:28 Question four: “Don’t be a prat. Do him!” Although this is not the nicest of quotes, it is a wonderful insight into plot. It makes sense when you hear the answer, but there are many characters and situations that could apply.
· 22:44 Question five: “Fame is a fickle friend, Harry.” This is rather a funny quote given by a ridiculous character in the wrong situation.
· 25:35 Question six: “What’s basketball?” This is a lesser-known quote in the story. It isn’t commonly quoted quote and is rather obscure. However, it shows good contrast between the magical and muggle world which is helpful for the reader. We know only what the story can tell us and showing how blurred the lines are between the magical and muggle world is a fascinating thing.
· 29:22 Question seven: “Avada kadavra!!!” What an awesome quote! Not much of a secret who says this, but this scene is a good end to this episode.
· 31:52 Challenge Question: “Yes, but the world isn’t split into good people and death eaters.” Tune in next week to find out the answer!
Having anything you want to hear or say? Click here for a voice submission or here for text.
The Quill and Ink Newsletter
@thepotterdiscussion on Instagram and TikTok
@potter_discuss on Twitter