Manage episode 302770624 series 2903307
Joel Kotkin is the Presidential Fellow at Chapman University, Executive Director of the Houston-based Urban Reform Institute , the author of 10 books including his most recent “ The Coming of Neo-Feudalism: A Warning to the Global Middle Class”. And he’s been described as “America’s uber-geographer”.
- 0:15 - Intro to Joel
- 1:30 - The rise of neo-feudalism and what is it?
- 15:30 - Power vacuumed to the executive branch & federalism
- 19:45 - Wealth inequality
- 24:45 - Hypocrisy is part of the medieval mindset
- 30:15 - Big government benefits big business
- 38:45 - How the pandemic impacted America’s geography / economy
- 44:30 - FAANG M&A
- 50:30 - Closing segment