Manage episode 283018358 series 2708351
This is the podcast Geoff and Gerry recorded with coach Andrew Harris.
It was absolute amazing to have Andrew on the show and learn all about his uniques coaching philosophy and his Edge Cycling Team. https://www.edgecyclingteam.com/
(See topics and timestamps below)
From the Edge Cycling Website:
Andrew Harris is the founder of Edge Cycling and currently serves as the Performance Director and Head Coach. Prior to the formation of Edge Cycling, Andrew coached individual athletes and served as a Strength and Conditioning Coach to several championship teams.
As the Head Coach of Edge Cycling, Andrew applies the latest scientific research, innovative training methodology, and unique teaching techniques, and combines this with his own practical knowledge and experience gained from years in the competitive cycling arena both as a rider and coach.
As the team’s Performance Director, Andrew continues to assemble a team of riders, experts, and consultants that are driving the success of Edge Cycling. From psychology, to business leaders, to technical experts, it’s the Team that raises the performance and drives the success of the organization.
By assembling a winning team, Andrew and Edge Cycling have amassed 147 National Championship medals including 52 National Championships. Six athletes have represented the U.S. at Junior World
Championships, 5 athletes have been selected to represent the U.S. at the Pan-Am Championships, one has completed two World Cup Season and was selected to the 2016 Olympic Long Team.
- How did you get started with cycling and coaching? 0:01:27
- Moving into coaching 0:03:29
- Edge Cycling team 0:05:23
- Unique program 0:06:37
- Elite Athletes are expected to support the younger Athletes. 0:07:40
- Geoff joins the podcast 0:08:18
- Training facility 0:09:00
- Sprinters base comes from strength training 0:10:54
- Complex system of Training 0:11:38
- Lots of monitoring of data 0:12:23
- Time crunched cyclist - Structured training 0:13:27
- Using the right tools and constant learning 0:14:09
- Very interesting times with the wealth of content and research available. 0:15:45
- Do your riders perform in different cycling disciplines 0:17:01
- Riders transitioning from one discipline to another 0:18:56
- Proper talent identification often missing 0:20:06
- Future of track cycling and possible changes 0:21:36
- Track is a great learning curve and a safe environment 0:24:04
- Sponsor opportunities 0:25:44
- Travelling across the globe 0:27:25
- The difference in altitude 0:30:12
- Gymnasts amazing track cyclists 0:34:07
- How do you find and attract new talent? 0:38:15
- Coaching philosophy 0:42:06
- 2020 from a mental toughness point of view, how was that? 0:44:47
- 2021 goals and specific event you are preparing for? 0:49:53
- Integrity 2024 initiative 0:52:03