The Millennial Mission Podcast - Parenting, Personal Finance, and Purpose for the Christian Millennial Couple
136. What if it’s Actually Going to Be OK? with Nicole Zasowski
Manage episode 321530550 series 2935996
Have you ever found yourself avoiding joy because of fear of the letdown when something bad comes along?
I thought I was the only one who felt this way for a long time. I found myself in the middle of a good day, thinking, “Something bad must be coming. Things are too good to be true.” And then, one day, I received a book in the mail called, “What if it’s Wonderful.”
The description read,
What if my hope only leads to disappointment? What if I embrace joy only to have it ripped from my hands? What if my celebration is the cause of others' sadness? What if my joy takes me away from the God I knew so well in my pain?
Nicole Zasowski is an author, speaker, and licensed therapist. Today she graciously shares her story and some amazing insight on the above questions. She speaks from an expert's viewpoint, but also as someone who has personally faced tragedy and loss.
The link to preorder Nicole’s book is below.
- Nicole’s story and “why” behind her work.
- How to determine if you are striving for the wrong thing.
- The importance of embracing joy despite fear.
- Finding the balance between striving and letting God lead.
More on Nicole:
More on The Millennial Mission/Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Follow us on IG: @bethanyandcorey
- Sign Up for exclusive discounts, benefits, and top-secret info only our podcast listeners get!
- Press Inquiries/Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org