The Millennial Mission Podcast - Parenting, Personal Finance, and Purpose for the Christian Millennial Couple
112. 5 Questions to Spark Conversation with your Kids
Manage episode 296835221 series 2935996
What are your conversations like with your kids? If you are anything like us, they go something like this:
Us: “How was your day?”
Us: “What did you do?”
Kid: “Played.” or “Learned.” or “I don’t remember.”
We saw this as a problem, and wanted to develop a deeper relationship with them. Get to know them better. Make them feel comfortable talking to us about anything. Their struggles. Their dreams.
So we used a sales strategy… Open Ended questions. We were asking closed ended questions before. Closed ended questions allow one word, short answers. Open ended questions require more thought and longer responses.
This sparked better, sometimes more exciting, sometimes deeper answers and conversations.
Today we share 5 Open-ended questions that you can put in your tool belt to have better conversations with your kids.
You can also download the FREE PDF here to keep on your phone to look at quickly, put on the fridge, or wherever else your little heart desires. Click the link below to get it sent to your inbox.
- The importance of fostering deep relationships with our kids.
- The My Why Journal.
- How conversations play into our relationships with our kids.
- 5 questions to ask our kids and the rationale behind them.
- Good times to ask questions to your kids to grow the relationship.
More on The Millennial Mission/Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Click here to get the FREE PDF - 5 Questions to Spark Conversations with your Kids
- Order your My Why Journal HERE!
- Follow us on IG: @bethanyandcorey
- Sign Up for exclusive discounts, benefits, and top secret info only our podcast listeners get!
- Press Inquiries/Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your kids ask you a million questions to prolong bedtime, email Corey here, and tell him what they ask: Corey@millennialmission.co