The Millennial Mission Podcast - Parenting, Personal Finance, and Purpose for the Christian Millennial Couple
111. Raising Boys to be Men on Mission with John Eldredge
Manage episode 296181869 series 2935996
In today’s world, where being a man or a woman is controversial, what true masculinity and femininity were created to be, can be confusing. Today we focus mostly on masculinity, but do discuss femininity as well. As God created them to be.
As I am writing this, I am thinking, “I hope this doesn’t offend anyone”. Then I caught myself, and said, “What are you talking about?” It is crazy to me to even think that any of this is controversial. What have we done to this world over the past 10-20 years? The truth can sometimes be offensive. The only consistent truth is not my truth or your truth, but THE TRUTH. That is found in Jesus. Jesus said, “I am the way, THE TRUTH, and the life”.
As men, we often define our manhood by how long our beard is, if we wear skinny jeans or not, how big our truck is or small our Prius is, how much beer we can drink. But that is not what masculinity is about. These are caricatures of manhood. What is true masculinity then? How did God design it?
In today’s episode John helps us define masculinity, and points back to the world’s ultimate man, JESUS. And we are not talking about the hippie, mild mannered, weak, and soft caricature of Jesus that has been served to us. That is not JESUS.
In a culture where masculinity is under attack, we desperately need fierce, strong, loving, caring men who love Jesus, follow Jesus, but also seek adventure, fight battles, and love their wives.
Let’s be real, men. We have become soft. It’s time for us to Man Up and love Jesus, and fight the battles. It’s time for us to RISE UP and live out who God created us to be!
- A little on John’s story.
- A focus on masculinity and manhood.
- Men and Women were created in God’s image.
- We are created to be different and point back to Him.
- What is true masculinity?
- How can moms help raise boys to be men?
- Let your sons take risks.
- Men need an adventure to chase, a battle to fight, and a woman to love.
More on Guest:
- Order Wild at Heart HERE
- Wild at Heart IG
- FREE Series for Men: The Wild at Heart Experience
- FREE Series for Women: The Captivating Experience
More on The Millennial Mission/Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Follow us on IG: @bethanyandcorey
- Sign Up for exclusive discounts, benefits, and top secret info only our podcast listeners get!
- Press Inquiries/Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org