Manage episode 275128248 series 2428390
For years, I've been singing the praises of Podcast Movement - the convention that got me into this space full time. This year, as with all other things, they've gone virtual. And I really like the format - the seminars and panels were Tuesday/Thursday this week and next. Staggering them out allows me to run my business during the off days, and more importantly, avoids the dreaded "Brady Bunch Square Zoom Fatigue." I watch what I can live. When I hit my saturation point, I can go back and watch recordings for an hour or two on the off days. Brilliantly put together. I'll mention two panels from week 1.
1) The always brilliant Tom Webster of Edison Research (Tuesday keynote):
- 43% of the US population listen to spoken word audio daily
- In Q2 of 2020, Podcast Listening at home was up to 73% of total listening.
- 58% of monthly podcast listeners spend time listening to podcasts with others. The pandemic has shifted the podcasting mentality from "intimate" to "sense of community."
2) Spotify's panel from Thursday.
- Spotify - 300 million users, half are premium. 200% increase YoY.
- Spotify data - which artists your listeners like, notifications for charts and editorial podcasts, social asset, promo cards.
Brene Brown's "Dare To Lead" now up as Spotify exclusive. https://newsroom.spotify.com/2020-09-23/the-ever-curious-brene-brown-comes-to-spotify-with-two-exclusive-podcasts/?utm_source=podnews.net&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=podnews.net:2020-09-24
Billy McFarland - Dumpster Fyre Podcast from Prison, with Jordan Harbinger (via Podnews): https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/10/fyre-festivals-billy-mcfarland-has-recorded-a-podcast-from-prison?utm_source=podnews.net&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=podnews.net:2020-10-21
Descript launches video editor...stay tuned.https://www.descript.com/video-editing
If you're looking for help launching, refining, or editing your podcast - you can always feel free to reach out to me:
Phone: (313) 757-2JAG (2524)