Manage episode 290663489 series 2814789
What are you doing in 2021 to accelerate the success and growth of your organization? Effective leaders have a win-win mindset that shows in every aspect of their work, and today’s guest has proven that this mindset makes all the difference. On this episode of The Forward Thinking Podcast, FCCS CEO Chad Moller is joined by Byron Enix, former CEO of American AgCredit, key leader and recipient of the inaugural Accelerator of the Year Award. Byron has contributed significantly to the growth, advancement and development of his organization as well as his community, and has joined the podcast to share insights into his forward thinking mindset. From the importance of increasing diversity and engaging in meaningful community involvement to effectively improving company culture and customer relationships, this episode is filled with inspiration and insights that will accelerate the success and growth of any organization, starting today.
Today’s Insights Include:
Creating distinction as a leader
- A focused leader maintains a team-oriented mindset.
- Personal development is key to honing leadership skills, defining greater vision and developing a clear understanding of personal goals.
- Networking and training are essential steps of leader development.
- A leader focuses on the value that they are bringing to their organization.
Challenges and opportunities of diversity
- Increased diversity needs to be a goal for every portfolio.
- Diversity brings greater flexibility and risk bearing capacity to a portfolio
- Maintaining credibility and expertise is essential while increasing diversity.
Focusing on community involvement
- Meaningful community involvement is important to both employees and customers.
- A greater sense of belonging and empowerment to make a difference comes from meaningful community involvement.
- Community involvement helps define the “why” behind the work we do.
Driving a culture of innovation and growth
- Company culture is a mindset that should be driven by the desire to be the best.
- Developing trust and relationships are the starting point, delivering the best is the goal.
- Overcoming hurdles is a critical part of innovation and meaningful growth.
- There is no excuse for taking advantage of customers who are expecting the best.
- Excellent board relationships are key to a powerful company culture.
- Systems will benefit from intentional cross-company relationships.
This podcast is powered by FCCS.
Get in touch