Manage episode 343163009 series 3366217
There's a misconception that country weddings are more difficult to plan due to the lack of vendors and venues. in celebration of The Country Issue, country wedding photographer Kirsten Cunningham is here with us today to dispel this myth!
Kirsten (she/her) is a full-time wedding photographer based in Orange, New South Wales. She's had five years of experience shooting couples across Orange, Blue Mountains, Mudgee, Bathurst, and the central west. Her photography style is an extension of her personality: candid, relaxed, and very natural. She loves the outdoors and she is an absolute pro at capturing photos using natural light.
In this chat we discuss:
- All about Kirsten's hometown of Orange, New South Wales and why you're going to fall in love with it
- Advantages of a country wedding
- Wedding photography in natural light and scenery
- Arranging transportation for guests
- Finding the right country wedding vendors
- Perks of sourcing local vendors and materials
- Availability of country wedding venues
- Guest accommodation, information, and activities
- Other amazing places to consider for a country wedding
Country wedding vendors may not be as abundant, but they’re certainly just as talented as the ones from the city. By supporting local, you have access to produce, flowers, and wine that are unique to the region. It’s a complete farm-to-table experience that you can’t get anywhere else.
On Polka Dot Wedding: Kirsten Cunningham
On Instagram: @KirstenCunninghamPhotography
Find Dorothy & the Polka Dot Wedding team:
On Instagram: @polkadotwedding
On the website: polkadotwedding.com
For full transcript and show notes visit: polkadotwedding.com/podcast
Wedding pro? Join our membership here.
The Polka Dot Wedding team is honoured to conduct our work on the land of the BoonWurrung, WoiWorung, Eora and Kuring-gai people. We honour the traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders custodians of the land and pay our respects to Elders past & present.