Manage episode 288996816 series 2475606
This week, the Ecwid E-commerce Show hosts Jesse and Richie are joined by Mark Daoust, founder of Quiet Light. Quiet Light is a brokerage for buying and selling websites and e-commerce businesses. Mark gives listeners some inside advice on how to make your domain a valuable web property, and how to eventually sell a successfully developed domain or business.
The discussion touches upon:
- The value of buying an existing domain rather than starting a business from scratch
- Structuring a company for eventual sale
- Making your domain a valuable web property
- The value of landing pages to capture niche markets and drive them back to your site
- The benefit of finding successful domains related to your business, which you should consider buying
- Activities to help with building a successful ongoing business, while creating a sellable asset
- The brand as a big piece of the value of your business
- Moving beyond just reselling someone else's brand.
- Four pillars of value: risk, growth, transferability, documentation.
Quiet Light website: https://quietlight.com/
Mark's podcast: https://quietlight.com/podcasts
Mark's course: https://courses.quietlightbrokerage.com
Ecwid Podcast on Ecwid
Ecwid Social Social Profiles:
Jesse Ness Social Profiles:
Richard “RichE” Otey Social Profiles: