Manage episode 288679687 series 2902888
In this episode of the Decision Corner, Brooke speaks with Troy Campbell, Chief Scientist at On Your Feet - an innovative consultancy that offers strategic guidance and behaviorally-informed training to some of the world’s most successful companies. Troy holds a PhD in behavioral science from Duke University and was previously a marketing professor at the University of Oregon. In their discussion, Brooke and Troy discuss how our shift to a mostly virtual work environment has disrupted the world of corporate knowledge acquisition and application. Troy gives an optimistic view of the many opportunities presented by virtual tools, and offers some practical advice to help improve our virtual interactions, as well as a compelling case for greater knowledge sharing within and between organisations. Some of the topics covered include;
- How remote working has accelerated the ‘flipped classroom model’ - and why knowledge acquisition is no longer confined to the classroom.
- Ways we can improve our virtual interactions, and optimize the time we do spend face-to-face.
- Why the shift to virtual delivery has made a lot of things more accessible and affordable for businesses - like cross-functionality and hiring skilled trainers.
- Inspirational versus educational content - seeing the difference between the two and knowing when they’re needed.
- Why engaging with outside experts is one of the best things a business can do, and the need for a carefully managed marketplace or ecosystem that businesses can go to for such specialised knowledge.