Manage episode 294015083 series 2874472
In my 29th episode I speak to the incredible Christopher Bergh CEO & Head Chef at DataKitchen! We talk about:
1) A little bit about his background and bug bears.
2) Why DataOps matters in today's context.
3) How DataOps stitches data teams together.
4) How DataOps can be automate and build a good customer product.
5) Why Data & Analytics is a random walk in the forest.
6) What you need to have in place to drive DataOps.
7) How the collaborative effect works in DataOps.
8) Why people and process are the most important factors for leaders to focus on for Data & Analytics.
9) How culture is a big influence on getting DataOps weaved into the fabric of the organisation.
10) Who typically drives DataOps initiatives.
11) How writing the DataOps manifesto helped to articulate the need.
Chris Bergh is CEO & Head Chef at DataKitchen, a DataOps software & services startup. He has more than 30 years of research, software engineering, data analytics & executive management experience. At various points in his career, he has been a COO, CTO, VP & Director of Engineering. Chris is a recognized expert on DataOps. He is the co-author of The DataOps Cookbook & The DataOps Manifesto & a speaker on DataOps at many industry conferences. You can follow Chris on Twitter @ChrisBergh.
Samir is a data strategy and analytics leader, CEO and Founder of datazuum. He has a history of helping data executives and leaders craft and execute their data strategies. His passion for data strategy led him to launch the Data Strategy & Analytics Coaching Programme, and is host of the Data Strategy Show.
After a career in both private and public sectors Samir launched the datazuum brand in 2012, with a view to working with executives to deliver data strategy at a time when data was not seen as a business asset.
Today datazuum delivers projects across both private and public sectors including: Charities, Financial Services (Banking & Insurance), Government, Housing & Construction, Law Enforcement, Logistics, Media & Publishing, Outsourcing, Postal, Retail, Telecoms, Transport and Utilities.
Samir has 20 years of international experience across Europe, North America, and Africa. Is a regular speaker at international conferences, coach / mentor, a charity fundraiser, and youth champion for Working Knowledge - supporting young people to achieve their personal and career goals in life.
Samir lives in London with his wife and daughter.