Manage episode 285138382 series 2874472
In my 21st episode I speak to the brilliant Eileen M. Vidrine Chief Data Officer at Department of the Air Force! We talk about:
1) Her background and journey to date
2) Educating leaders about the role of the CDO and it's importance
3) The challenges / opportunities of the CDO office in a military context
4) Innovation on a limited budget
5) The "data fabric" and sharing data "at the speed of mission"
6) How to educate airmen and civil servants on the benefits and uses of AI.
7) How to infuse data into a an organisation that has traditionally existed in a "command and control" structure
8) How to scale Data Governance in a complex environment and the importance of building networks
9) How to ensure stating on track with Data Strategy when there is a change of Presidents
10) The process of building the DoD Strategy
11) What's the future for data and the Air Force
Eileen M. Vidrine is the Air Force Chief Data Officer, Headquarters, United States Air Force, Washington, D.C. She develops and implements strategies for enterprise data management, analytics, and digital transformation to optimize performance and drive innovation in and across all missions and operations.
Ms. Vidrine began her government career in 1986 as an enlisted member of the U.S. Army and was commissioned in 1987 through the U.S. Army Officer Candidate School Program as a Transportation Officer. Later in her Army career, she was selected and integrated into the U.S. Army Acquisition Corps. She began her civilian career as a senior faculty member at the Joint Military Intelligence College and led the college’s technology transformation as the first Director for the Center for Educational Technologies.
From 2006 to 2012, Ms. Vidrine served in various positions of leadership at the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (DNI) culminating as the Chief of Staff for the Assistant DNI for Human Capital. In 2012, she was selected to serve as the DoD Intelligence Community Enterprise Architect assigned to the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence, Human Capital Management Office (HCMO), and in 2014 assumed HCMO chief of staff responsibilities.
In 2016, Ms. Vidrine was selected as a White House Leadership Fellow, supporting the Office of Management and Budget and the Office of Personnel Management. After her fellowship she was detailed to the Executive Office of the President Office of Administration. Ms. Vidrine was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in June 2018.
Samir is a data strategy and analytics leader, CEO and Founder of datazuum. He has a history of helping data executives and leaders craft and execute their data strategies. His passion for data strategy led him to launch the Data Accelerator Workshop, and host the Data Strategy Show.
After a career in both private and public sectors Samir launched the datazuum brand in 2012, with a view to working with executives to deliver data strategy at a time when data was not seen as a business asset.
Today datazuum delivers projects across both private and public sectors including: Charities, Financial Services (Banking & Insurance), Government, Housing & Construction, Law Enforcement, Logistics, Media & Publishing, Outsourcing, Postal, Retail, Telecoms, Transport and Utilities.
Samir has 20 years of international experience across Europe, North America, and Africa. Is a regular speaker at international conferences, coach / mentor, a charity fundraiser, and youth champion for Working Knowledge - supporting young people to achieve their personal and career goals in life.
Samir lives in London with his wife and daughter.