Manage episode 289063034 series 2835309
The CPG Guys, Sri & PVSB, are joined in this episode by Paco Underhill, legendary author of the seminal book on shopping behavior, "Why We Buy" which has been in continuous print for 20+ years.
Paco answers these questions posed to him:
- Your book “Why We Buy” was published over 2 decades ago yet remains, to this day, in publication in 28 languages to the tune of 100,000 copies per year? What, in your opinion, is the timeless constants of its content that keeps people wanting to buy it and learn from it?
- Is North America still the epicenter of retail innovation in this world? If not, where do you think this is really happening?
- How has consumer access to information changed the retail shopping experience?
- What has been the disruptive factor of private label products in North America that has consumers gravitating to Kirkland, Simple Truth, O Organics, President’s Choice and the like?
- If 80% of weekly purchases over age of 40 are the basically the same items, what is the impact on CPG companies & packaging?
- What is the impact of the smart home with a smart kitchen and voice OS on purchasing behavior and efficiency?
- How are technology and big data enabling better customization across the consumer journey?
- In your consulting practice Envirosell, You have spent an enormous amount of time observing consumer behavior to draw meaningful insights. Why, in this digital age, is this still an important skill?
Please provide the CPG Guys feedback at http://ratethispodcast.com/cpgguys
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGGuys.com
Media Kit: http://tinyurl.com/cpgguysmedia
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent. The views expressed by the CPGGUYS, LLC do not represent the views of their employers or the entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.