Manage episode 285573231 series 2835309
The CPG Guys are joined in this episode by Alex McCord, EVP & Managing Director at Flywheel Digital, An Amazon-focused agency supporting brands selling through 1P.
In Alex's conversation with Peter, he answers the following questions:
- Your career was born into eCommerce and digital retailing when it was still new for CPG brands. How hard has it been and what is the state of maturity of digital and the COG industry today?
- What is the so called Flywheel of success in digital? Can you decompose it for us?
- Amazon is obviously taking most of the attention in retail in 2020. Why have brands been so hesitant to embrace it & how do you advise them now?
- eCommerce is a balance between short term and long term based on shopper analytics & insights. How do you personally use insights and what sort of analytics do you provide clients?
- Who are the type of brands or retailers you work with and what’s a typical project? Who is the beneficiary? Is it the VP of eCommerce or marketing?
- What does the future hold for other omnichannel retailers - Walmart, CVS, other channels etc? Any early observations on walmart plus?
- What’s the role of content - digital shelf SEO copy, title, bullet points...what matters?
- Hacking growth in ecommerce requires a deep focus on numbers - what are the metrics that matter? ACOS, ROAS, CVR, CAC, these are some, what about sales metrics?
- Let’s get into supply chain and ecommerce. What matters here? What should brands be focused on? How does one manage for Amazon ?
- What is your advice for brands and retailers wishing to significantly advance their journey on digital transformation?
Northwestern/MIT Study on Amazon Reviews for Product Innovation.
All our content may be found at http://CPGguys.com