Manage episode 281994404 series 2835309
The CPG Guys Sri & PVSB continue founders month in 2021 with Katie Hotze, the founder & CEO of Grocery Shopii a white label retailer shoppable recipes app that helps shoppers save time while assisting retailers in expanding basket sizes.
Follow The CPG Guys on LinkedIn at http://www.LinkedIn.com/company/cpgpodcast
Katie answers these questions:
- What was the shopping experience friction that frustrated you as a shopper, leading you to develop the Grocery Shopii solution and how did you go about validating that your frustration was more widespread among shoppers?
- What are your thoughts on the current state of technology innovation taking place in the grocery industry and where in the shopping journey is the disruption taking place? Is it more focused on the first or last mile? Has the pandemic radically altered this course? Is there enough disruption happening?
- We understand you leveraged a startup incubator to launch Grocery Shopii. What are some of the key capabilities it brought to make your business development efforts successful?
- So, connecting recipes to grocery shopping is nothing new. What do you see are the issues with how recipes are used today by grocers and brands, and where is the opportunity to disrupt this space? To make the platform operate, you need to have actual recipes. How do you source the recipe content? How is this different than what others in the industry are doing? - the golden tipping point, fishing in the ocean
- There are several other recipe-to-basket software solutions available on the marketplace, I won’t mention them by name. What makes Grocery Shopii stand ahead of the pack in terms of functionality, value, etc. from both the retailers and shopper perspectives? Why do you describe it as outcome-based? Does it help consolidate trips and build baskets?
- Shoppers increasingly expect the shopping experience to be tailored to their individual needs, leveraging longitudinal behavioral data sets and shopper attitudes. How does personalization come into play with your solution? - the greatest opp for grocery today is gen x and millennial. Fresh content with every visit. There is a metric called cook time she thinks of M-F for meals
- What is your target audience within the grocery vertical: big national/super regional players or small to medium sized grocers? Maybe all of the above? And where are you in the process of adoption? Regional grocers know their customers, and we can help convert them.
- How are partnerships fueling your growth?
- What are your other priorities for growth and what are the major accelerators you are employing? Tech is a sandbox. Meeting the shopper in the micro-moment.
- Mentorship is a major theme in how you have built your business and a major point of advocacy for you, yes? Would you please expand on this and offer any advice to members of our audience seeking to venture into their own businesses? People, people, groups, names a mentor.
Find all of our content at http://cpgguys.com