Manage episode 287007557 series 1300687
Jenny married Robin on March 17, 2018. Listen as Jenny tells Christy & Michelle all about it. From their fun & crazy first date to a $100K wedding that they loved so much and do not regret a penny spent.
Jenny Block began her career in words teaching college English in Virginia. Before too long, she found herself writing articles and books about everything from art to rock climbing to finding love. After that came radio and television appearances, as well as speaking engagements at universities, at museums, and even on cruise ships. She has traveled the world and has had the pleasure of meeting and working with all kinds of people from all kinds of places doing all kinds of things. That’s when she discovered her magic-bringing out That Unicorn in all of us. Now, Jenny spends her time and her words living her truth and sharing her shine on a lake in Nowhere, Texas with her wife Robin and her two dogs: Chihuahua-terrier Walter and Chihuahua-Dachshund Aurora.
- Having a designer was one of Jenny’s favorite choices. It helped with tie breaking and helping pull the elements together to make a beautiful wedding.
- There are brokers that re-sell gowns that rich folks buy and never pick up. Jenny was able to get a $15,000 dress for $4,000. yourdreamdress.com is where she purchased!
- Jenny’s biggest regret was not getting a videographer. She put all her focus on a photographer and ultimately, the cost stopped her from getting the videographer.
- Because of the nature of a lesbian wedding, there was more focus on Jenny wearing the gown. This made Robin feel less important on that day. It can be crucial to make sure there is equity focused on the couple. Equal pictures of both people, etc.
- Do less than what you can afford. Think about what is the most important parts of the day, and recognize which parts don’t matter at all. For Jenny, she just wanted to be able to wear a beautiful gown, she didn’t really care where the wedding happening.
“We wanted people to enjoy the party.” - Jenny
“The wedding went so fast, I wanted to see... just moments that I didn’t get to see.” - Jenny
“I feel like I could have attended my wedding if I had a video.” - Jenny
This episode is sponsored by
THE BACH APP
Bachelorette & Bachelor party planning made easy with this awesome free app! Invite your party guests, launch polls with your group, plan your itinerary. And most importantly, BACH has all the best local experiences perfect for these parties bookable right in the app
The Big Wedding Planning Podcast is...
- Hosted and produced by Christy Matthews and Michelle Martinez.
- Edited by Veronica Gruba.
- Music by Steph Altman of Mophonics.
- On Instagram @thebigweddingplanningpodcast and be sure to use #planthatwedding when posting, so you can get our attention!
- Inviting you to become part of our Facebook Group! Join us and our amazing members. Just search for The Big Wedding Planning Podcast Community on Facebook.
- Easy to get in touch with. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Call and leave a message at 415-723-1625 and you might hear your voice on an episode
- On Patreon. Become a member and with as little as $5 per month, you get bonuse episodes, special newsletters and Zoom Cocktail Hours with Christy & Michelle!
Special Deals for Listeners - TBWPP Enthusiastically Approved!
Special Guest: Jenny Block.
- The Bach App: Bachelorette & Bachelor party planning made easy with this awesome free app! Invite your party guests, launch polls with your group, plan your itinerary. And most importantly, BACH has all the best local experiences perfect for these parties bookable right in the app Promo Code: BIGWEDDING