Manage episode 286407488 series 1300687
If you and your partner were able to take a personality type indicator test, you would learn a lot about each. You would also, approach wedding planning differently. Actually, you would likely approach your relationship differently. Christy & Michelle took the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator assessment and were quite surprised by some of the results given to them by the Couple's Coach, Chelsea Winer.
Chelsea Winer, soon to be Chelsea Lombrozo, is a trained leadership and communication expert that elevates couples from good to great. Guided by the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator personality assessment, Chelsea coaches couples to help ease the stress of wedding planning and to better communicate with each other. Her mission is to unite couples by providing the perfect blend of tangible takeaways plus reflective resources to make a lasting impact on your relationship. Consider Chelsea your personal couples coach!
- No matter your personality type, come from a place of patience and understanding. There is no wrong combination of types, but respect is what ultimately works.
- When you are taking the assessment, think of you in every aspect of your life. And pick answers based off of what comes most naturally to you.
- Pre-martial coaching is a wonderful way to understand how to work the best way possible with your partner.
- With MBTI, it is important that the words and types have their own meanings and weight behind them. Someone like Chelsea can be very important to help you fully understand because she has studied and become certified in this field.
- There is no magic combo that makes the best couple. The most important thing is to learn how to communicate with each other. Know how to compromise, listen, and understand each other.
- Without understanding each other’s minds and where all the choices are coming from, or at least allowing room for curiosity and exploration, you may find certain blocks and disagreements with your partner. But the good thing is knowledge is power. And someone like Chelsea, and something like the MBTI can really help you understand each other.
“Weddings are the first of many things you have to do as a couple.” - Chelsea
“Sometimes we can even surprise ourselves, or balance ourselves [...], sometimes being with someone who is different from us can be really helpful.” - Chelsea
“The end result is you are going to get married. Let’s enjoy the process along the way.” - Chelsea
The Big Wedding Planning Podcast is...
- Hosted and produced by Christy Matthews and Michelle Martinez.
- Edited by Veronica Gruba.
- Music by Steph Altman of Mophonics.
- On Instagram @thebigweddingplanningpodcast and be sure to use #planthatwedding when posting, so you can get our attention!
- Inviting you to become part of our Facebook Group! Join us and our amazing members. Just search for The Big Wedding Planning Podcast Community on Facebook.
- Easy to get in touch with. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Call and leave a message at 415-723-1625 and you might hear your voice on an episode
- On Patreon. Become a member and with as little as $5 per month, you get bonuse episodes, special newsletters and Zoom Cocktail Hours with Christy & Michelle!
Special Deals for Listeners - TBWPP Enthusiastically Approved!
Special Guest: Chelsea Winer.