Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on January 19, 2021 20:09 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 281537714 series 2849926
#SociallyDisabled #impostersyndrome #veteran
SDP 018 Imposter Syndrome and the warrior culture
Special thanks to "Unveil the Strength" for use of the song "Hells Never Over",
Also check out my side hustle here: Survival Hardware LLC
Visit and subscribe to my YouTube Channel here "Makers Movement"
Check Out Buzzsprout and start your own podcast.
Mantra for the week: Doubt has killed more dreams than failure ever will. -Suzy Kassem
What imposter syndrome is and what it aint? It is a fraudulent feeling centered in self-doubt. It is when you doubt your own accomplishment and have a hidden fear of being exposed as a fraud. Contributing your own hard work and accomplishments as luck and fear that you will eventually be exposed. This is most profound in high achievers like special operations and those receiving high awards for action.
I recently watched a talk on this subject of (IS) and the speaker tried to make the whole phenomenon about race or gender as if only women and people of color can experience this because the “privileged among us” have always been lifted up when others have be dragged down. Nothing could be further from the truth. The numbers say that upward of 70% of people worldwide suffer from this to some degree. I would venture a guess that the other 30% have either already quit trying or never tried to achieve anything.
Think of the stolen valor asshat at the bar wearing an airborne shirt and telling stores that he made up to get free drinks. Bet he is not suffering from (IS), even as the biggest imposter in the room.
This often leads to withdrawing and or sabotaging your own success. This happens often when vets get out of service and begin a civilian career. The belief that your experience and skills are not marketable in the civilian workplace. The inner critic says you don’t belong here, you are out of your element and these people are gonna expose me as a fraud.