Manage episode 288160781 series 2363438
My guest on today's show is Dr. Jeffrey Sankoff, an ER physician and triathlete from Denver, Colorado. He has been a triathlete for over 20 years and also working part-time as a triathlon coach (a.k.a TriDoc) for the last 5 years. Since January 2020, he has been on the front line at Denver Health in the battle against Coronavirus. All of these experiences make him uniquely placed to understand the effects of COVID on endurance athletes and he's written extensively on this subject for TrainingPeaks, Triathlete magazine, and others. Much of the triathlon-related work he produces (blog posts, podcasts, etc.) attempts to help athletes and coaches make sense of the mass of data around training and health. Jeffrey specialises in studying the research and translating it into trusted, easy to understand information that we can all use.
As we come out of lockdown and are full of optimism for racing in the next few points and beyond we discuss:
- Avoiding COVID until you have the vaccine
- Recovering from COVID and return to training - What do we know so far, and Tri Doc’s advice based on his experience as a physician & triathlete?
- Is ‘long COVID’ any different from post-viral syndrome after the flu?
- Post-vaccine what habits/behaviours should endurance athletes continue with? What habits/behaviours should we not go back to?
- On the health bell curve, where do triathletes generally sit?
- What have you learned from the COVID pandemic as a physician, as a triathlete, and as a coach?
- Strategies for long term health
- Exercise and ageing - if we want to be doing triathlon in our 70’s what should we be doing now?
How to find Jeffrey Sankoff, MD - The TriDoc
First off, try his website - www.tridoccoaching.com
And this one for his new coaching partners www.lifesportcoaching.com
Jeff also hangs out at the usual social media places
My guests always have lots to share and these are some of the links you might find useful from today's show:
COVID 19 & Mydocarditis - should endurance athletes be worried
Take a 30 day trial in my SWAT Inner Circle for just £1. Watch this video for more information.
Purchase a copy of my High Performance Human e-book featuring more than 30 top tips on how to upgrade your life.
If you would like to help offset the cost of our podcast production, we would be so grateful. Please click here to support the HPH podcast. Thank you!
Visit Simon's website for more information about his coaching programmes. Links to all of Simon's social media channels can be found here. For any questions please email Beth@TheTriathlonCoach.com.