Manage episode 276798783 series 2819884
We are BACK with season 3 of SIBO Made Simple! I’m tackling some of your most-requested topics right at the beginning of the season, including today’s conversation, which is all about the skin-gut connection. Rashes, breakouts, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea—you name it, and I’ve been asked if it’s a symptom of SIBO.
Luckily, I was able to bring on the perfect person to talk about how what shows up outwardly on our face is connected to the internal motherboard. Dr. Amy Bader, a naturopathic physician and creator of SkinTē is here to explain her process of evaluating someone’s skin and what it tells her about thyroid and adrenal health, gut integrity, liver function, and so many other underlying issues.A quick taste of what we’ll cover:
- What skin complaints correlate to which larger bodily failures
- Why dermatologists get it wrong with Bandaid treatments
- How to connect the dots between hormone, skin and digestive health
- The unsung role of our liver in maintaining clear skin
- How SIBO, low stomach acid, and fungal issues contribute to our skin’s loss of tolerance to normal flora
- Estrogen dominance, period problems, and how your cycle influences skin health
- Why bacteria is not the enemy of your skin and antibiotic use can fan the flames of skin issues
- Scalp health and what your dandruff means
- And so much more...
- Dr. Amy Bader’s website
- Dr. Amy Bader’s SkinTē collagen drinks
- Episode 23: Elemental Diet
- Episode 3: Thyroid Health
- Megaspore soil-based probiotics
- Spa Doctor anti-inflammatory skincare products
- Osmia black clay face bar for Perioral Dermatitis
- Yogurt cucumber hair mask video
This episode is brought to you by LoveBug Probiotics, whose patented delivery technology protects tablets against stomach acid and other rigors of digestion, so your probiotics reach the gut to perform their work. LoveBug Probiotics' proprietary blends promote specific health benefits—from immune and digestive support to pre and post-natal health with their Labor of Love line. Lovebug also has the first staged line of probiotics for babies to build their microbiome from birth through childhood. Plus, the names like Yeast is a Beast to support vaginal health make taking your supplements everyday actually fun. SIBO MADE SIMPLE listeners can take 25% off their order with code SIBOMADESIMPLE. Simply go straight to https://www.lovebugprobiotics.comto take advantage of this offer.
Disclaimer: The information in this podcast does not provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion, or treatment. The information discussed is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical or professional care.