EP 23 | Last Resort: The Elemental Diet and Other Strategies for When Your SIBO Won't Quit with Dr. Michael Ruscio
Manage episode 276798785 series 2819884
The elemental diet is the most impactful data-backed treatment for SIBO. And yet, it’s often misused, misunderstood and generally met with last resort trepidation. Today on the podcast, I’m joined by Dr. Michael Ruscio to demystify this approach and talk more about how he uses it for SIBO treatment, IBD, celiac, and other cases involving a highly-damaged gut.
For those who thought you could never last two weeks only drinking your calories (ahem, I get it), Dr. Ruscio provides plenty of flexibility and advice on using the elemental diet as a meal replacement supplement. You guys have been asking for this episode, so I’d love to hear what you think!A quick taste of what we’ll cover:
- How the elemental diet works to treat SIBO and the healing potential for leaky gut
- What should you look for when picking a formula and what to avoid?
- Risks and side effects to watch out for
- Myth busting the Candida issue
- Die-off versus negative reactions to a treatment – how you can tell the difference between the two
- How to pair the elemental diet with other SIBO treatments
- The best methods for reintegrating food back into your life and how a low FODMAP elimination plan can overlap
- Keeping your blood sugar stable and other troubleshooting while on the diet
- And so much more...
- Dr. Ruscio’s website and podcast
- Dr. Ruscio’s book, Healthy Gut, Healthy You
- Dr. Ruscio’s Elemental Heal formula
- Physician’s Elemental
- Three probiotics that Dr. Ruscio rotates: Lacto-bifido blend, Saccharomyces Boulardii, and soil-based probiotic
- The Summer Low FODMAP Reset elimination diet meal plan e-book
- The Wellness Project Book
- Join the SIBO Made Simple Facebook Community Page
- Subscribe to receive a free download of the episode transcript
Today’s episode is brought to you by Fody Foods, a whole array of condiments, sauces and spice blends that are low FODMAP and use real ingredients to promote digestive health. Everything is Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, non-GMO, and most importantly, delicious. You can now purchase Fody Foods products at the regular grocery store! Keep an eye out for their purple logo on the shelves of Whole Foods, Sprouts, Fairway, and other grocers. Or you can head directly to fodyfoods.comto purchase online. SIBO Made Simple listeners in the US and Canada can get 15 percent off their order by using code SIBO15. Click here to learn more.
Disclaimer:The information shared in this podcast is not meant to provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, or treatment. The information discussed is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical or professional care.