Manage episode 276798788 series 2819884
CBD has become a big buzz word in the wellness world, as a salve for everything from anxiety to gut issues to period pain. But what is it and how does it actually work? In today’s episode, I’m joined by Chloe Weber, a trained herbalist, acupuncturist and founder of Radical Roots, which combines the power of Chinese herbs with full spectrum hemp.
Chloe got into the world of hemp because of her son Remy, who has been using various CBD formulas to ease a neurological condition. She’s a wealth of knowledge about how the endocannabinoid system works, what deliveries best serve digestive disorders, and how to use both hemp and cannabis as part of your SIBO plant medicine cabinet.
If you've been wondering whether hemp-based extracts are worth all the anti-inflammatory hype, this episode has so many incredible takeaways!A quick taste of what we’ll cover:
- The difference between CBD and THC
- How to use CBD and THC to treat anxiety, insomnia, SIBO, neurological issues and epilepsy
- The best formulas and delivery methods for gut health
- Why smoking hemp or cannabis might be a better choice in certain situations than taking an oil or edible
- Product terminology to beware of and what you want to see on a package to ensure its therapeutic grade and not snake oil
- And so much more...
- Where to find Chloe Weber and her full spectrum hemp line, Radical Roots
- SIBO Made Simple listeners can take 20 percent off her productswith code SIBO20
- Charlotte's Web TED talk
- Haleigh's Hope- CBD for epilepsy
- Palmetto Harmony- CBD suppositories
- The Wellness Project Book
- Join the SIBO Made Simple Facebook Community Page
- Subscribe to receive a free download of the episode transcript
This episode is brought to you by Epicured, a low FODMAP meal delivery service that understands that food is medicine. Each menu is created by Michelin star chefs and honed by doctors and dieticians at mount sinaii to restore digestive health for those with IBS, SIBO, Celiac and IBD. Everything they serve is 100 percent low FODMAP and gluten-free, with no cooking required! My favorite part about their dishes is the healthy spin on takeout gems like shrimp laksa and PAD THAI! Their version had a great balance of fresh veggies mixed in with the noodles that left me feeling both satisfied and completely free of my usual carb coma. Listeners to this podcast can get 20% off their order by using code SIBOMADESIMPLE. Just click here to learn more.
Disclaimer:The information shared in this podcast is not meant to provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, or treatment. The information discussed is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical or professional care.