Manage episode 206739916 series 2318117
In this episode of TechBytes, Sarah Holberg discusses the quarterly patching program and how you can prepare for and implement new patches every quarter.
This episode covers:
- Differences between an upgrade, patch, and hot fix
- How release notes can help with patching
- Testing on sub-production instances
- Whether you can choose only part of a patch
- How pinning is related to patching
- Patching to a newer version than your target
- The upgrade monitor
For more information on the QPP, see:
- Quarterly Patching Program Overview - YouTube
- Product Documentation: Q4 Patch Targets
- Patching Program Community
- HI Knowledge Base: Quarterly Patching Program - Customer FAQ
Your feedback helps us better serve you! Did you find this podcast helpful? Leave us a comment to tell us why or why not.
To catch clips behind the scenes with our podcast guests, and find out what topics we'll be covering next before they are posted, follow @NOWsupport on Twitter. You can also search Twitter using the hashtag #SNtechbytes for all previous podcasts, video clips and pictures.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.