Manage episode 294293757 series 2922369
Workload migration to Cloud has become integral to IT optimization and driving business forward with the increased espousal of cloud technologies. Moving to the cloud enables firms to be more agile, remove inefficiencies and provide required customer, employee experiences. Migration of on-premise enterprise workload to the public cloud has reached the situation of being considered a ‘best practice’. These workload migrations still giving challenges to the traditionally run IT organizations as everything on-premises.
It’s no longer moving to the cloud is just selecting your favorite cloud provider, and then magic will be reviled. You and your organization have to face the challenge of making the right choices:
- Which enterprise workload needs to be migrated to the cloud?
- What skills are required to run the cloud?
- How will you build a team today & in the future?
- What services will be available when businesses need them?
Some critical factors have to be kept aligned or on top of the list when deciding on the architecture. I will mention what points I keep in mind while suggesting an architecture of enterprise workload migration.You’ll Learn: Three key areas to assist you in getting started to migrate workload to the cloud
- Appoint the workload migration Architect Role
- Identification of the right workload/applications
- Correct data of the workload
- IDG cloud computing survey
- A paper presented during the IEEE conference
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure basics of networking – Part 1
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Networking Overview – Part 2
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Networking Overview – Part 3
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure’s Essentials – Networking Scenarios – Part 4
- Oracle OCI – How to Secure Your Network – Part 5 & 6
- Oracle OCI – VNICs, Private, IP addresses, DNS, DHCP options – Part 7
- Deploy a Server on the OCI Arm Ampere A1 Compute – Part 8