Manage episode 301132860 series 2889238
Is that long list of charities that you support weighing you down? Lighten your load to be even more effective while still honoring the issues and organizations that you care about.
You’d be surprised at how often I work with a new client that lists all the nonprofits they fund in alphabetical order. But I want to tell you now that this isn’t an effective method. You’re more likely to feel overwhelmed and miss out on the nonprofits that work on issues you actually care about.
If you’ve been struggling with this, listen in on this episode because I have a challenge for you! This will help you eliminate this method and I’ll give you three steps that give you greater visibility about the effectiveness of your funding strategy.
- Focus on the issue areas you care about
- Write two outcome statements under each issue area
- Group the nonprofits you’re funding under their connected issue area
Links referenced in this podcast
- If you’re enjoying the podcast and want to check out more of what I have to offer then click here. On my website, you can sign up for my free training, online courses, free resources, as well as my paid resources.
If you enjoyed this episode, listen to these as well:
- #39: Sybil Speaks: Maximize Your Funding Potential With Support for Backbone Organizations
- #38 Sybil Speaks: Tips to Fund Advocacy and Lobbying Correctly
- #37 The Best Tips from a White House Speechwriter Who Transitioned to Philanthropy
Crack the Code: Sybil’s Successful Guide to Philanthropy
Become even better at what you do as I teach you the strategies as well as the tools you’ll need to avoid mistakes and make a career out of philanthropy through my new course, Crack the Code!
In this new course, you’ll gain access to beautifully animated and filmed engaging videos (one per week for a total of 8 weeks), and many more!
Check out her website soon with all the latest opportunities to learn from Sybil at www.doyourgood.com.
Connect with Do Your Good
Don’t forget to check out the #DoYourGoodChallenge and get a chance to win prizes as you give with a purpose!
Would you like to talk with Sybil directly?