저장한 시리즈 ("피드 비활성화" status)
When? This feed was archived on March 16, 2021 00:29 (). Last successful fetch was on December 21, 2020 22:38 ()
Why? 피드 비활성화 status. 잠시 서버에 문제가 발생해 팟캐스트를 불러오지 못합니다.
What now? You might be able to find a more up-to-date version using the search function. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 270860900 series 2499098
Stuart Horsfield is a writer and member of the Senior Leadership Team for These Football Times, where he also hosts These Football Times podcast. For his day job he lectures in sports and on a Football Coaching degree program.
He just wrote his first book, it’s about the greatest team never to win a World Cup and some would argue they were better than most teams who’ve actually won it! That magical 1982 Brazilian side. The book is titled: 1982 Brazil, The Glorious Failure.
Follow Stuart Horsfield on Twitter: @loxleymisty44
Check out These Football Times
- How that 1982 Brazil side influenced Stuart.
- The beauty of their game and which other sides compare stylistically.
- On the atmosphere leading up to the 1982 World Cup as an England fan.
- On being a football supporter vs a club supporter.
- On bringing the memories of a 10 year to the book as an adult.
- Mystique in old football playing styles vs modern football’s homogeneity.
- How he set out to write the book.
- How the book is structured.
- Interviewing Abraham Klein and Alexandre Chivadze.
- Shout to Steven Scragg(@Scraggy_74): A Tournament Frozen in Time and Where the Cool Kids Hung Out.
- Surprises that arose from the book research.
- His views on 1982 Brazil side before and after the book.
- “The day football died” narrative explained.
- Conversation with Patrick Barclay(@paddybarclay)
- Conversation with Juca Kfouri(@BlogdoJuca)
- Following the bizarre group format in the 1982 World Cup.
- Thoughts as the tournament progressed and the Italian team.
- Abraham Klein’s accounts.
- Views on traditional World Cup winners vs challengers
- What about the big clubs, big money and Financial Fair Play?
- Technological changes in the game.
- Shootout questions with Stuart:
- Top 3 players ever.
- Who would Stuart have a drink with in the history of the game?
- Top 3 matches he would attend in the history of the game.
- One change he would make to any match in history.
- What club would Stuart support if not Hull City?
- Top 3 football books:
- Goalkeepers are different by Brian Glanville
- Dr. Sócrates by Andrew Downie(@adowniebrazil)
- Inverting the Pyramid by Jonathan Wilson(@jonawils)
- Podcast recommendations:
- These Football Times Podcast
- That Peter Crouch Podcast