Manage episode 317111686 series 2327091
Once people understand that symptoms like ongoing diarrhea and bloody stools are not normal, they need a way to overcome embarrassment and talk their symptoms over with a health care provider. Having an open and honest conversation will help ensure a quicker diagnosis of ulcerative colitis and getting the right treatment.
On this episode, Rasheed Clarke, ulcerative colitis and j-pouch patient and author of Three Tablets Twice Daily and Dr Christina Ha, an IBDologist at the IBD Center at Cedars Sinai, provide support and guidance to patients with IBD symptoms, newly diagnosed patients, and anyone who is looking for a new way to speak with their health care providers about IBD treatments.
Concepts discussed on this episode include:
- Jimmy Kimmel Gets a Colonoscopy with Katie Couric (and Dr Ha)
- The Impact of UC: Quality of Life
- How to Find the Best Doctor for Ulcerative Colitis
- Types of Ulcerative Colitis (UC)
- Signs and Symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis
- Comparing 6 Biologic Drugs Used to Treat IBD
Transcript available: https://bit.ly/AIBD107