Manage episode 249697393 series 110812
This week, we're talking with Dav Pilkey, creator of the worldwide bestselling Dog Man series! Dav discusses his latest book, Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls, and his Dog Man "Do Good" tour that's taking him around the world this fall. Dav shares stories from his own childhood growing up with ADHD and dyslexia and talks about the importance of creativity, why reading is a superpower, and the importance of not just being good, but doing good.
Plus, you'll also hear from young readers themselves who sent us messages describing why they love Dog Man!
- Get your copy of Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls
- See all of the stops on Dav Pilkey's Dog Man "Do Good" Tour
- When Dav Pilkey was a kid, he suffered from ADHD, dyslexia, and behavioral problems. Dav was so disruptive in class that his teachers made him sit out in the hall every day. Luckily, Dav loved to draw and make up stories. He spent his time in the hallway creating his own original comic books. In the second grade, Dav Pilkey created a comic book about a superhero named Captain Underpants. His teacher ripped it up and told him he couldn't spend the rest of his life making silly books. Fortunately, Dav was not a very good listener.
- Music composed by Lucas Elliot Eberl
- Sound mix and recording by Daniel Jordan
- Edited by Mackenzie Cutruzzula
- Produced by Emily Morrow