Manage episode 295753111 series 2583018
Ashley Shipman has become known as the ‘King of Clubhouse’ creating a significant brand in a few months through the platform.
In this conversation with Nick he talks about the fundamental approaches and values that he brings to any situation and why preparation, hard work and consistency are the keys to success.
Often referred to as a ‘Man of the People’ Ashley explains why you can only go so far on your own and how collaboration and building the right network is what will get you to the place you want to be.
- You need to prove that you are open to learning, understand when you get something wrong and know when to ask for help.
- When you want to succeed as much as you want to breathe then you will succeed
- You have to be there consistently if you want to see the opportunities
- In life, momentum is one of the hardest things to achieve and one of the easiest things to lose.
- Clubhouse has given me the opportunity to have 400 to 500 accountability partners
- If something is coming up you need to face it and put in the preparation
- Those who are successful are those who are consistent and put in the work
- If your life isn’t where you want to be you need to make the changes to get to where you want to be.
- Make sure you capitalise on any area in your life that you spend time on.
- There is immense power in collaboration because you can only go so far on your own.
- Look forward and have people around you who are better than you
- Try and seek the right advice from people who have been there and have the expertise and experience
- A client journey is one of the most important things in any business and you need to get the foundations, marketing and conversion right
- You need to make sure you are using the right platform for marketing, the one where your potential clients are hanging out
‘Invest in yourself and understand how you can learn’
‘People call me lucky but it’s hard work, consistency and preparation that creates luck’
‘The power is in your network and you are the people you hang around with’
‘Everything comes to you in life if you are ready for it’
Scale Up Your Business – scaleup.vip/podcast
Join the free Scale Up Your Business community: scaleup.vip/community
Take the Predictable Growth Assessment™, to measure your current business performance and show you where to focus next to get to where you want to be: https://scaleup.vip/PredictableGrowthAssessment
ABOUT THE HOST
My name is Nick Bradley. I’m an entrepreneur, author, speaker and investor. My background is in growing and scaling VC and Private Equity backed businesses.
Having successfully built, bought and sold a number of companies, and removed myself from day-to-day operations, my focus now is on helping entrepreneurs get to where they want to be, in business and in life. As well as investing in growth businesses and backing turnarounds - with the ultimate aim of creating value from significant capital events.
I’m passionate about personal and professional development - showing up and being the best version of myself ... every day.
My bigger vision is to help bring entrepreneurial skills, experience and mindset to people in developing nations - so they can follow their dreams, live life more on their terms - utilising entrepreneurship as a global force for good.
Nick’s Facebook Page: https://scaleup.vip/FB
Nick’s LinkedIn: https://scaleup.vip/LI
Nick's Instagram: https://scaleup.vip/IG
Scale Up Your Business website: www.suyb.global
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.