Manage episode 294585399 series 2819038
As the need for sustainable hygiene products grows ever-stronger, the space in the market for an environmentally friendly, convenient way to rid the bathroom of plastic waste has opened up for the incredible Wild Cosmetics.
With a focus on innovating beyond their initial, highly successful natural deodorant, the Co-Founder and CMO behind their marketing strategy - Charlie Bowers-Lyon - joins Alex on this episode of Scale of One to Tech to detail the story of their turbulent two year journey as a D2C brand.
We hear how Wild Cosmetics has diversified their channel mix to avoid any massive impacts to their strategy, what they look for when hiring new team members, and constructing their marketing campaigns without coming across as ‘preachy’.
This episode covers
- Wild Cosmetics’ USPs in a growing, environmentally conscious market
- The massive range of channels that help Wild to grow
- Marketeers maintaining their edge by staying hands on with new technologies
- Hiring with skills, experience, attitude and diversity in mind
- Tips for starting a D2C business
- Whether to prioritise a great product or a great brand
Links and references at: https://www.acquiredigitaltalent.com/
Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org