Manage episode 328564769 series 2577106
Today, we sit down and talk with Jung Mun, certified Salesforce Administrator, consultant, and developer. She talks about her long history in technology, her journey to learn Salesforce, and also her current work in various open-source projects, including Snowfakery and CumulusCI.
Jung built her first HTML site from scratch when she was in tenth grade. Eventually, she went to grad school in New York City and got exposed to art and technology. She explored interactive installations with microcontrollers and sensors reacting to people's gestures. Then she ended up developing a mobile app for virtual and augmented reality. At a hobbyist level, Jung just loves having fun building things and showing up as a piece of artwork in a show.
Having been immersed in her art career her whole life, it actually took her months until she finally decided to move into Salesforce in her current role.
- Her transition from art to Salesforce
- Why she finds it easy to learn to code in the Salesforce environment
- How she got involved in RAD Women
- Her Open Source Commons experience & her fourth Sprint
- What is Snowfakery?
- What her Snowfakery project looks like
- The concept of scratch org
- How Snowfakery impacts the role of an admin
- What makes a good README of a successful repo
- Her data dictionary project on her GitHub repo