Manage episode 323908828 series 2577106
This is a two-part episode as we go over the Open Source Commons and the Open Source Community Sprint, including the amazing projects that have come out from them. Joining us today is Cori O' Brien, Senior Manager of Open Source Commons at Salesforce.org.
While Sprint events provide an opportunity for people to come together and improve or build on software, Open Source Commons is the program that encompasses the Sprint events. That includes the training opportunities, mentor-mentorship opportunities, access to tooling and review, and AppExchange. At the heart of Open Source Commons are Community Sprint events where people get to engage directly and work side by side.
Cori’s role is to make sure the Salesforce community has what they need to contribute in whatever way they want to contribute. What started out as “just events” providing space for people to contribute has ultimately become a powerhouse for training and tools to ensure they’re building trust and sustainability.
- Cori’s introduction to Salesforce
- Partnering with the Salesforce Labs program
- Sprint vs. Open Source Commons
- Open Source Commons package is free and managed
- Breaking the silos between nonprofit success pack and the education community
- Types of roles for people to participate
- Why running sprint events is a profitable use of time
- The move to virtual