Renegade Radio with Jay Ferruggia: Fitness | Nutrition | Lifestyle | Strength Training | Self Help | Motivation
#387: Becoming Ageless with Nate Wilkins
Manage episode 297710634 series 2394722
After 27 years as a park and recreation administrator Nate Wilkins decided to reinvent himself. Inspired to overcome his own weight gain and health issues he set out not only to reclaim his own health and fitness but to also help others do the same regardless of age.
He became a fitness coach and he is the co-creator of The Ageless Workout, founder of The NOW Group, and co-founder of Panache Wellness & Fitness. He’s also the author of The Now Factors for Success book series and recognized as one of the 100 most influential African Americans in Kansas City, MO.
Whether you want to live to see 100 like Nate does, or you want to know how to strengthen your body, mind and character at any age, this episode is for you! Listen as we discuss:
- Nate’s background and how he discovered health and wellness is his calling. [7:41]
- The Now Factors for Success and what his biz looks like today. [13:23]
- What does it mean to recreate yourself by “stretching your struggle”? [16:16]
- What are the Ageless Workout and The NOW Group? [18:39]
- What does a typical week of fitness look like for Nate? [22:11]
- The meditation practices he uses to help him hit his goal of reaching 100 years old. [25:14]
- How can you develop a “Michael Jordan” mindset to overcome all challenges? [29:04]
- How important are your relationships to your overall well being? [35:00]
- Advice for cutting ties with friends or family members who are no longer right for you. [39:22]
- What are some of his favorite recovery methods? [42:49]
- How does he recommend for older and out of shape people to approach fitness? [44:05]
- The simple nutrition guidelines that keep him looking and feeling great. [49:30]
- His thoughts on taking 100% responsibility for your health and wellness. [52:54]
- What’s currently on Nate’s workout playlist? [56:21]
This episode is brought to you by biOptimizers. Magnesium Breakthrough is the most potent, complete, first full spectrum magnesium formula ever created. If you want to beat stress, get fit, sleep better and recover faster you need full spectrum magnesium to complete your healthy lifestyle.
Go to www.MagBreakthrough.com/JAY and use the coupon code JAY10 to get yours while supplies last!
This episode is also brought to you by Epoch Whey Protein. Epoch Whey Protein is a verified grass-fed whey isolate that is derived from the milk of Ireland cows. It has no soy, no added sugars, no artificial colors or flavors, no gluten and it is non-GMO. This incredible tasting protein gives your muscles what they need and nothing they don’t.
Go to YourEpoch.com and use the coupon code JAY to save 20% on your order today!
This episode is also brought to you by Formula Nootropics. Nootropics are nutrients proven to improve brain performance. Some call then cognitive enhancers or smart drugs.
Formula is the world’s first personalized nootropics company. They built a recommendation engine that's able to predict which nutrients you should be taking, in what combinations and the right dosages.
To become more focused, energetic, and productive go to FindMyFormula.com, take the 3 minute assessment, and based on their data set, you’ll be recommended four nootropic variations to test in your first month. Use the coupon code JAY to receive 15% off your first shipment.