Manage episode 295243881 series 2800554
In our Forecast 2021 podcast series, we’re focused on offering insights to help you better understand and manage some of the opportunities and challenges that your company might face—think policy, technology, and other big picture topics.
In this week’s episode, we build upon our summer 2020 conversation on the future of work and how CFOs can optimize a hybrid workforce model. Bhushan Sethi, PwC’s Joint Global People & Organization Leader, is back in the guest seat to provide insights on embracing a hybrid work environment.
- 1:05 - Phased return to work. Bhushan provides insight into the current landscape of the work environment, and tells us how organizations are thinking about culture, employee preferences, safety, location, and flexibility.
- 10:41 - The hybrid finance function. We discuss how leaders are focusing on their employees’ well being and encouraging members of their finance function to learn new skills using technology and immersive tools.
- 18:01 - Maintaining and improving your culture. We discuss how companies are doing this well - by investing in workflow, technology, and online design thinking tools.
- 24:53 - CFOs taking action for the future. Bhushan encourages CFOs to think about how short-term investments in technology and real estate can impact long-term business goals. He suggests engaging cross-functional talent to support the hybrid work environment and focus on purpose, leadership, and planning.
- 30:16 - Common pitfalls. Bhushan suggests that the pandemic has highlighted divisiveness in our society and encourages leaders to try to minimize that within their organizations, while engaging with their talent to foster their creativity.
- 32:32 - Equity and inclusion. We discuss how to have a strategy that is inclusive to all. We also hypothesize what hybrid work will look like in the future.
Want to learn more? Listen to our Podcast: What’s next? The future of work and how to get there and subscribe to PwC’s Workforce Inside podcast series
Bhushan Sethi is a joint global leader of PwC’s People & Organization group, where he shapes and drives the firm’s global network strategy, delivering standalone and integrated solutions across strategy, management, technology, and tax consulting disciplines. Bhushan is a thought leader, public speaker, media spokesperson, and influencer on "future of work,” risk culture, workforce strategy, employee experience, and diversity & inclusion.
Heather Horn is PwC’s National Office thought leader, responsible for developing our communications strategy and conveying firm positions on accounting and financial reporting matters. She is the engaging host of PwC’s accounting and reporting weekly podcast and quarterly webcast series, as well as periodic webcasts for the power and utilities industry. With nearly 30 years of experience, Heather’s accounting and auditing expertise includes financial instruments and rate-regulated accounting.