Manage episode 371559835 series 2895648
NOTE FROM STEVE: I love this particular podcast because it is foundational to understanding the care of the soul. In this podcast, I explain what the soul is and how we can participate in the caring for our soul. As I’ve said , this message is needed because the message of soul care gets lost in our busyness and all the issues of life hitting us day by day!
I hope you’ll listen and pass this along to a few friends you think could really benefit by listening to it!
Join co-hosts Steve Smith and Joe Chambers as they give more definition to what soul care is and how it relates to icebergs and the Brooklyn Bridge! Steve Smith shows us the stress of living divided lives and lays out the importance of caring for all aspects of the human experience: physical, emotional, relational, vocational, and spiritual. Plus enjoy an interview with Joe Walters, head of the Soul Care Institute and learn how you can take part in a 2 year journey to better soul health.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE PODCAST
- Understanding the Soul with Icebergs: View and Download
- Article: Five Reasons Soul Care Matters by Stephen W. Smith: View and Download
- Poem: For One Who Is Exhausted by John O’Donohue. This poem is available in his book To Bless The Space Between Us: A Book of Blessings. Learn more about John O’Donohue at www.johnodonohue.com
- The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk M.D.
- Conjectures of a Guilty Bystander by Thomas Merton
- Building Below the Waterline: Shoring Up the Foundations of Leadership by Gordon MacDonald
SUPPORT THE PODCAST
Donate Here for an individual contribution.
INTERESTED IN MORE SOUL CARE RESOURCES?