Manage episode 345197830 series 2895648
***NOTE: We had some technical issues with the previously released audio file this morning - this release is the corrected file. Thank you for your patience!***
When it comes to understanding the Enneagram, it's time to consider a shift and deepening of how this tool can enhance our spiritual journey. There's been such a 'fad phase' in the past decade about the Enneagram that it has left many of us wondering... what is the real point of knowing ourselves better?
Marilyn Vancil and Steve discuss this much needed shift and her new book, Beyond the Enneagram. Steve and Marilyn explore the themes of the book--a re-centering of our self orientation to a God orientation. They discuss:
- Moving from What I am to Who I am
- Moving from Reaction to Responsive
- From bondage to Freedom
- From Wounded to Whole
- From Shakable to unshakable
- And from Being burdened to rested--Steve's favorite chapter and worth the price of the book in one chapter!
About Our Guest
Marilyn Vancil is a certified Enneagram Professional in the Narrative Tradition through Enneagram Worldwide, a certified spiritual director, and a trained life coach through Coach Training Alliance. She has also completed coursework on the Enneagram at Loyola University and the Deep Coaching Institute. Vancil facilitates workshops and retreats on the Enneagram, focusing on how it can be used to deepen one’s life with God and improve relationships. She lives in Seattle with her husband, Jeff.
- Marilyn's Website
- Beyond the Enneagram by Marilyn Vancil
- Self to Lose, Self to Find by Marilyn Vancil
More information on the Enneagram
- Podcast Episode 39 - A Deeper Understanding of the Enneagram with Adele and Doug Calhoun
- Podcast Episode 46 - How the Enneagram Informs us in Crisis with Adele and Doug Calhoun
- The Enneagram: A Self Awareness Spiritual Tool
It takes a lot to create our podcast episodes! Please consider a gift to support our ministry.
We have a few ways to make it easy for you:
Use our Donation Page on our Website
Send by mail (Potter’s Inn, PO Box 35, Divide, Colorado 80814 - make sure you make note that your gift is for the podcast)
Contact Us at email@example.com