Manage episode 291477417 series 2776584
Growth requires struggle, that’s a given, but your growth and the growth of those you lead is dependent on how you respond to that struggle. Will you respond poorly, or will you struggle well? Today’s episode is about how to struggle well and the difference between healthy struggle and toxic struggle. But before we get into it, let’s cover three quick principles.
· Struggle and meaning are often intertwined
· There's often value on the other side of struggle
· Too much struggle, for too long can kill you
Four differences between healthy struggle and toxic struggle:
1. Healthy struggle hurts. Toxic struggle harms.
· Hurt is temporary. Harm is irreparable.
2. Healthy struggle aligns with stated values. Toxic struggle compromises stated values.
· Prolonged seasons of struggle that have caused you to compromise values that you hold are toxic.
3. Healthy struggle asks who am I becoming? Toxic struggle asks how am I appearing?
· Stop worrying about looking successful, start focusing on being successful.
4. Healthy struggle can be enjoyed and embraced. Toxic struggle can't.
· You cannot find fulfillment by compounding misery
Action steps for someone who is living in toxic struggle:
· Own it. You will never fix what you refuse to see.
· Tell someone you trust. Growth never occurs in isolation.
· Have the faith necessary to do less in pursuit of being someone that is healthy and able to serve others over the long haul.
· Resolve to find a way to love your days. Don't spend all your time working to create a future that you will one day love. Spend your time loving right now.
Our whole team is rooting for you. We want to see you win!
Remember, my strength is not for me; your strength is not for you; our strength is for service.
Please Rate, Review, Subscribe, and Share!
Sign up for the Worth it Wednesday Email