Manage episode 53803197 series 56399
This week I talk about some of the critics you will have to overcome when building a business – specifically the people who might think you are crazy for going it on your own!Â I also answer questions about how to get your product into stores, productivity and accounting.
Topics and Questions Mentioned in this Podcast Episode: (31:27)
- I share a story from Dan Miller (48days.net) about black crabs, and the need some people feel to tear down ideas that are foreign to them.
- I talk about how building a new business from scratch is something extraordinary
- It is hard to step out of the “norm” to create your own business, but risk taking is part of the adventure
- The black crabs will reappear as you are building your business and even if your business is successful
- Question 1 is about accounting and how to handle the complex tax rules and requirements for running a business
- Question 2 – talks about productivity and getting the most out of the hours you spend on your business
- Question 3 – asks how to get an innovative product into stores – how do you break through and get into the wholesale business?
- Question 4 – How do I actually get a product out – I feel like I’m too much of a perfectionist?
- Question 5 – How do you stay motivated?
Ask me a Question for the Show!
- Leave a short message at 703-873-7782 or skype to “businesszen” at any time 24/7 and we’ll play the best questions on the show
- Send your question to us via email using our online form – While I may not be able to respond to every email personally, I will feature the best of your questions on the show
Online Business Zen on iTunes
The Online Business Zen podcast is featured in the iTunes store.Â If you click on the iTunes button below, it will take you to my page on the iTunes store which has a direct link if you want to open/subscribe to our podcast within iTunes.
For those using another podcast device (non iPod) or a mobile client, here is the direct feed link.
Online Business Zen Email List
For those looking to learn more about online business, you can subscribe to my email list or subscribe to the feeds at the top of the page.Â I’ll send you a note weekly to help you get started with your online business.