Manage episode 299287538 series 2484441
Perhaps the hardest word you can say to someone is NO. Saying YES to something, even if it’s half-heartedly meant, is easier because you aren’t obliged to justify it. The pressure is less, and so it’s easier to say so.
Whereas, if you say NO, there is this need to justify why you said that and why it isn’t possible for you to do anything at the moment. The guilt for refusing will haunt you. At the back of your mind, this guilt will pressure you to eventually give in. When you eventually give in, you won’t feel good about yourself because the situation is forcing you to do it.
In this episode of On Purpose, Jay Shetty talks about how to say NO without feeling guilty and why you need to say it clearly and openly.
Win a limited edition, signed sampler box full of Jay & Radhi's favorite teas. Enter today! https://bit.ly/3jladpu
Join the Sama Tea Founder's Club & enjoy exclusive perks and our private communi-TEA! https://bit.ly/37pPT0K
- 00:00 Intro
- 03:56 Are you a people pleaser?
- 08:59 Why do we feel guilty when we say NO?
- 11:11 Feeling bad for saying NO needs to go
- 13:09 Don’t say NO without actually saying no
- 15:47 Know why you are saying NO
- 19:45 Be clear about when you say NO
- 23:13 When you’re about to say no, thank the person for the interest
- 24:58 Remember that NO doesn’t mean it’s forever
- 27:09 You can be assertive and affectionate in saying NO
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!